If you are planning on pregnancy, that’s great news. But, you need to take at least 6 months to correct your lifestyle first before conceiving. Knowingly or unknowingly, you are probably making mistakes, which can be harmful to your baby and can even delay your pregnancy chances. So, what are they? What are the lifestyle risks to female fertility? Keep reading to know more.
What is the meaning of female fertility? It is nothing but the ability to conceive a child naturally. If you are under 35 and have been trying for a baby for almost a year without any success, then it is time to consult a doctor.
What are the natural factors that lead to fertility issues?
• Ovulation disorders
• Uterine or cervical abnormalities
• Fallopian tube damage or blockage
• Primary ovarian insufficiency
• Pelvic Adhesions
• Other medical conditions
What are the lifestyle factors that lead to fertility issues?
• Smoking – You have probably heard this a million times, but smoking is injurious to health. However, frequent tobacco use can also cause fertility issues by aging your ovaries and decrease the number of eggs prematurely. Hence, it is important you quit smoking today for a healthy conception.
• Alcohol – Drinking too much alcohol increases ovulation disorders. Therefore, before thinking about pregnancy, it is important that you cut alcohol, from your life completely.
• Caffeine – Too much is too bad. And, this holds true for caffeine. Your caffeine consumptions should be less than 200 milligrams per day, otherwise, it can hamper your fertility.
• Over-exercise – When you start practicing intense workout, it can do more harm than good by reducing the production of the hormone progesterone. If your weight is already healthy, ease of until and after you give birth. You can also practice moderate exercises.
• Toxins – avoid toxic exposure, from air pollution to chemicals, try to keep yourself safe.
• Healthy weight – It is important that you maintain a healthy BMI scale and stay within your ideal weight. Being either overweight or underweight can interfere with your pregnancies. Hence, with a proper diet routine and workout pattern, you can achieve a healthy weight in no time.