Infertility can affect you emotionally as well as mentally. There are a lot of reasons of infertility and stress is becoming a major cause nowadays. Our lifestyle these days doesnt allow us to keep our health on track and that is one reason you may be turning infertile. But with the advancements of science, treatments keep getting better and having babies now with help of different techniques is comparatively easier than it was before. And the success rate of these techniques is as high as 50%.
Which technique will work for you mainly depends on the cause of your infertility. Its cost will vary based on the area you reside in or the cost of the procedure you decide to undergo.
If you too are looking for some other ways than the natural way of getting pregnant, the list below will help you choose the one best suitable for you.
- These are typically the first choice in fertility treatment. In this technique the drug is injected or orally consumed by the patient. The drug releases the hormone that induces ovulation to stimulate production of egg.
- It is best for women who have difficulty ovulating regularly, or having partners with poor sperm quality.
- However, this technique does not work if you have a blocked fallopian tube or scarring from endometriosis.
- Although the most preferable approach, this may cause you to develop ovarian cysts, along with nausea, headache, bloating and hot flashes.
- The cases in which men have slower moving, low quality sperms or low sperm count are where the doctor suggests this.
- In this technique, specially washed/prepared sperm is directly inserted into the uterus with the help of catheter. This is the most common technique used to treat infertility.
- When choosing this method, doctor might prescribe you fertility drugs to boost the possibilities of fertilization.
- This technique is also used where women have developed antibodies to their partner’s sperm.
- The success rate of this method depends on the women’s age and quality of sperms of the man. The success rates range from 15 to 25 % per cycle.
- As the name suggests, in this technique the sperm from a man other than the engaged father is used during IUI or IVF.
- It is best for men having genes problems or couples experiencing male-factor infertility. Its biggest pro is that it allows infertile men or single women to have a child.
- In this technique the eggs from a women are taken and fertilized with the sperm in laboratory. Embryos are implanted in the uterus once they are fully developed and the rest are stored.
- IVF is mostly used in cases of women with injured or blocked fallopian tubes or older women. It is also suggested to couples with unexplained infertility.
- Though costly it has a success rate of 45% for women below the age of 35 years.
With so many new technologies coming up, your dream of having a child doesn’t seem distant. And we at Apollo Fertility we help you realize your dream with a wide range of options at your disposal, guidance from our specialist doctors, state of the art infrastructure and comprehensive support from the staff.