How much does this infertility treatment cost?
People from all over the globe chose to come to India for their infertility treatments. Apart from a skilled medical team, the treatments are almost half of what it costs in their own country. Therefore, it is a boon for several couples who are facing reproductive challenges.
IVF is one of the most popular infertility treatments. However, until recently, people were not very aware of this treatment or how it works. IVF or In vitro fertilization is an assistive reproductive technology (ART). In this treatment, the egg is retrieved from the female partner and the sperm from the male partner, fertilizing them in a laboratory. Once it reaches maturity, in about 3-6 days, it is transferred back into the uterus, where it grows. Statistics show that infertility affects almost 1 in every 6 couples. Thus, with the help of IVF or other infertility treatments, the infertile couples can fulfill their wish of experiencing parenthood.
It is important to understand that as you grow older, the success rate goes down. Therefore, it is wise to use your own eggs only when they are young, otherwise, one must opt for egg donation. The success percentage of the women who underwent IVF worldwide in the year 2018-2019 is as follows;
Under 35 – 35%
Between the age 35-37 – 29%
Between the ages 38-39 – 23%
Between the ages 40-42 – 17%
Between the ages 43-44 – 11%
Women over 45 – 5%
Cost of infertility treatment in India
The IVF cost in India or anywhere else in the world is primarily dependent on the infertility workup. Hence it varies from person to person. If your friend, relative or colleague was lucky enough to have a baby by going through 2 IVF cycles, you may be fortunate by conceiving in one IVF cycle itself. Or perhaps a simple laparoscopy procedure might be enough to cure your infertility.
What all is involved in calculating the costs of an IVF cycle?
- Initial consultation (around 6% of the total cost).
- Basic IVF Treatment (includes doctor’s fees for egg collection and embryo transfer, embryologist’s fees for fertilization, an aesthetics, ultrasound scans, theatre charges).
- Intra cytoplasmic sperm injection – ICSI (can be 28% to 40% of the basic IVF)
- Hormonal Injections (20% to 80% of the basic IVF treatment cost)
- Embryo freezing (Sometimes included in the basic IVF cost. Charge can be up to 20% of the basic IVF treatment cost, plus around 10% of the basic IVF cost per year for storage and between 20% and 100% of the basic IVF treatment cost for later thawing and transfer).
- Other investigations (Immunological therapies: can be up to 50% of the basic IVF treatment cost. Preimplantation genetic screening, to pick the best embryos: can be 55% to 120% of the basic IVF treatment cost)
The amount of hormonal drugs that are required depend upon:
- length of infertility, and
- physical condition of your uterus and endometrium (uterine lining)
Basic IVF treatment
The cost of one IVF session is INR 2,50,000. However, depending on the case, it can also go up to 4,50,000 for one sitting.
If your specialist suggests advanced treatment, the cost can definitely increase. Here, you will probably go through the basic IVF treatment and add some other advanced treatment. For example, ICSI treatment is INR 1,50,000 – 2,50,000. A frozen embryo transfer will cost you INR 1,20,000.
When we talk about the IVF costs in India, it is important to know that it differs from city to city. Therefore, some couples even go to other cities if the costing is within their budget.
Average IVF treatment charges according to the city
Mumbai – 2,00,000 -3,00,000 INR
Bangalore – 1,60,000 – 1,75,000 INR
Chennai – 1,45,000 – 1,60,000 INR
Delhi – 90,000 – 1,25,000 INR
Nagpur – 75,000 – 90,000 INR
Hyderabad – 70,000 – 90,000 INR
Pune – 65,000 -85,000 INR
Kolkata – 65,000 -80,000 INR
Cost of Infertility Treatment at Apollo
At Apollo Fertility we understand that the cost of fertility treatment can be a substantial financial commitment. Our price lists have been put together to show a complete transparency of costs and no unexpected add-ons throughout your journey with us. Across our network of clinics we offer a number of affordable treatment packages designed to give you the best chance of having a successful pregnancy.
Apollo Fertility will tailor your treatment on an individual basis to give you the very best chance of a pregnancy. A full personalised cost of treatment, including the cost of medication, will be given to you during your initial consultation appointment.