The Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) is a technique that is used as a part of the In Vitro Fertilisation treatments for infertility. The IMSI treatment involves morphologically injecting a selected sperm into the egg. This sperm selection is carefully performed prior to the commencement of the procedure so as to segregate impaired or abnormal sperms that may be hindering the pregnancy.
Steps involved in an IMSI infertility treatment
• Selection : A preliminary selection of sperm from the collected sample is conducted. This is performed under a microscope that is 15 times more potent than the usual microscope.
• Discards : The microscope enables the specialist to examine the internal morphology of the sperm. Sperms that have abnormalities detected are discarded immediately in this stage.
• The normal sperms are then selected, and placed in a catheter. These are then inserted deep into the egg.
• With the use of the ICSI procedure, the verified sperm sample is then microinjected into the egg.
Why perform an IMSI?
An IMSI treatment increases the chances of embryo fertilisation as well as normal development of the embryo, especially among men who have had poor previous outcome of the IVF with Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) treatment as well as among men with high numbers of abnormal sperm.
Using digital techniques to achieve about 6000 times the magnification, specialists can identify sperms from the sperm sample that exhibit abnormalities. These abnormal sperms are then excluded from the sample of sperms that is going to be utilised in order to fertilise the egg.
This verified sample of sperms is then used in an ICSI IVF treatment in order to increase the chances of the success of the procedure.
Who is eligible for an IMSI treatment?
The IMSI treatment is usually recommended for men who:
• Possess a high proportion of abnormally shaped sperm
• Possess very low numbers of sperm in a normal sperm sample
• Have had a previous history of poor outcomes with previously conducted ICSI treatments
How much does an IMSI cost?
At Apollo Fertility, we aim to provide you with the best treatment at the most affordable rates. The Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) at Apollo Spectra costs between Rs. 183500 to Rs. 243800.
The IMSI technique is still in its nascent stage and requires more studies in order to demonstrate the efficiency of the procedure.
At Apollo Fertility, we ensure that our patrons receive the best possible consultation and treatments for solving their problems of infertility. The IMSI treatment at Apollo is conducted with the utmost care, aiming to ensure the total success of the treatment as well as the satisfaction of our patients. Our team of expert doctors and specialists not only make sure that you receive the best treatment, but also ensure your comfort throughout the duration of the procedure and keep you well informed.