Just as much as the woman aspire to be a mother, men also have aspirations of being a father. Discovering that he is is incapable to become a father can be a huge blow to his ego. The wait for a man to become a dad can be due to infertility in males.
What is male infertility?
It is referred to as the inability of a man to cause pregnancy in a female who is fertile. Almost, 30% of the cases of infertility are due to infertility in males.
It is generally because of:
- Deficiencies produced in the semen.
- Quality of the semen reduces.
What are the causes of male infertility?
Factors relating to male infertility include:
- Immune infertility: Here, antisperm antibodies are seen which causes male infertility.
- Factors relating to the testicles: Here, there is a production of the low quantity as well as the quality of the sperm.
- Varicocele: It is a cause of around 35% of infertility cases. In this condition, there is a presence of testicle veins that are swollen.
- Defects on the gene
- Idiopathic oligospermia: It is the deficiency of sperm and it is the cause of around 30% of cases of infertility.
- Cancer of the testicles
- Smoking damages testicles and also kills the sperm.
- Damage of the DNA
- At times, epigenetic that is due to the semen parameters that are not normal.
Other causes include:
- The male fertility is decreased due to post -testicular factors wherein there is an impact on the male reproductive system.
What are the treatment options available for the dads in waiting?
It depends on the degree of infertility. Conditions that are pre-testicular can be treated by medications but infertility based on the testicles, is usually resistant to the medicines and require techniques like :
- Intrauterine insemination
- In-vitro fertilization
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Also, treated by an administration of LH or FSH. This is quite effective.
Read more: Can male and female infertility be treated?
There is a need of inclusion of even male partners in each and every fertility step. More the involvement of the males in these steps, easier it is for the couples to deal with pregnancy. Despite an increase in the evidence of the medical that recommend that even men have a ticking biological clock and that the attention should be given towards it. Moms are a more prominent symbol of carrying the baby through pregnancy but even the dads and those who are still struggling to be dads are generally the strongest pillars in the family.