The lifestyle today doesn’t allow us time to even breathe properly. We are always on a run. This causes stress which has now started affecting fertility in young men and women. Though the issues of fertility are surfacing, so are new techniques of inducing fertility. One such very well renowned technique is In Vitro Fertilization also known as IVF.
There may be many causes of infertility like low sperm quantity or low quality of sperm in male, inability to conceive in female, problems with ovulation, problems with fallopian tube, or simply to avoid genetically inherited disorders. As the causes, there are also many techniques of fertilization. From getting a sperm donor, to fertility drugs, artificial insemination and IVF, new techniques are coming up making it easier for couples to choose.
Though IVF is time consuming and costly, it has a success rate of 45% amongst women under the age of 35 years. This makes it a preferred choice for many couples. In this technique the eggs from the woman are extracted and fertilized with the sperms from male in a lab under certain conditions. Once the eggs are fertilized, the embryo is implanted in the uterus of the woman and rests are stored.
So how do you know if IVF is the right choice for you!
Below are some points which may help you decide:
– For starters, when you are facing issues conceiving, you must visit a fertility specialist.
– For some couples IVF is the preferred choice right from the start. For others it is the last resort. They want to try out other financially cheap options before going or IVF.
– Age is another factor to consider when going for infertility treatment. If you are above the age of 35 years, the IVF is the best option for you. Women above the age of 35 who went for IVF have a converting rate of 20 to 30 % in the first cycle.
– If your BMI is high or low, you can consider IVF. Being overweight or underweight by a large margin, then it has a negative effect on the reproductive functions of the body. Women with BMI under 18 or over 30 are mostly at a higher risk of infertility.
– If you have a thyroid condition then IVF is the right choice for you. As the eggs are fertilized outside the body, the chances of contacting thyroid are lesser.
– If you have had multiple miscarriages in the past, then IVF is the right choice for you. IVF can help you achieve healthy pregnancy. In these cases the IVF success rate is high.
At Apollo Fertility, we carry out extensive tests before our specialized doctors suggest a particular fertility treatment to the patients. With high class healthcare facility and high-tech equipments, we make sure the mother and the child are in safe hands.