Dr. Arati Rao is a graduate of MS Ramaiah Medical College and has completed MD from Command Hospital in Bangalore. She has received the Diplomate of National Board in OB Gyn, New Delhi and the Membership of the Royal College of OB Gyn (MRCOG), UK. Dr. Arati Rao is one of the few specialists in the country to have received training from two world leaders in their respective fields of medicine. In addition to being trained under the expert tutelage of Padmashri Dr. Kamini Rao in all aspects of reproductive medicine, she has spent several years in London, at Kings College Hospital, training under the world-renowned Professor Kypros Nicolaides, in Fetal Medicine and Obstetric Ultrasound. Following this, she worked on Harley Street in London for several years before returning to Bangalore in 2009.
She is actively involved in training fellowship students (both in reproductive medicine and fetal medicine) from the National Board and Rajiv Gandhi Universities. Dr. Rao has been awarded the membership of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, has presented at multiple professional society meetings, and has several publications, articles in leading medical journals and chapters in textbooks. She has organized and participated in medical education programs both nationally and internationally.
Before joining BirthRight by Rainbow she was leading the Infertility and the Fetal Medicine programs at Milann, The Fertility Center Jayanagar and established the Fetal Medicine units at Wockhardt and Rangadore Memorial Hospital in Bangalore. She has special Interest in the areas of Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Reproductive Endocrinology, Obstetric Ultrasound, Fetal Medicine.
- MBBS MD DNB MNAMS FRCOG( 2017 till date)
- 1. Manipal Hospital ( 2017 till date)
- 2.Rainbow Hospital ( Sept 2015 to June 2017)
- 3. Sakra World Hospital (Jan 2014 – Aug 2015)
Research and Publications
- Alpha-fetoprotein in amniotic fluid
- Monogram on Amniotic Fluid (Eds: Kamini Rao.Kypros Nicolaides
- Genetic Counselling
- Perinatology (Eds: Kamini Rao)
- Advances in the management of endometriosis
- Advances in Infertility Management
- 2002 – Asia Oceania Federation of ObGyn
- 2003 – Federation of ObGyn of India
- 2003,2004 – Dakshin – south zone congress
- 2003,2004, 2006 Bangalore Society of Ob Gyn
- 2011, 2012,2013 ,2014– LIFE, Bangalore