AvailabilityWed, Sat : 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- After completing MBBS at Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, Dr. Brinda Kalro completed her training in OB/GYN and obtained her MRCOG degree in the UK in 1994. She then joined the Assisted Conception Unit as a Specialist Registrar in Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK, which is where she began her career in Infertility.
- In 1997, she was accepted into an accredited Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, USA. In 2001, upon completing her fellowship in REI, she joined Faculty as Assistant Professor at Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- During her fellowship in REI, she received prestigious specialist training in Metabolic Bone Disease and Osteoporosis (sponsored by the Endocrine Fellows Foundation) at Columbia Presbytarian Hospital, New York, and thereafter went on to obtain certification with the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
- As a Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility (REI) specialist at academic institutions in UK (Dundee) and US (Pittsburgh), and now in India, Dr. Brinda Kalro has over 25 years of international experience across 3 continents.
- Dr. Brinda Kalro also has vast experience in research and her teaching experience includes teaching and mentoring Medical students, Residents, Endocrine and Reproductive Endocrinology Fellows, and PhD students. She has many publications and book chapters, abstracts, presentations, and invited talks both nationally and internationally.
- As a REI Consultant for almost a decade at an academic tertiary referral center and level-1 trauma center, with various specialty departments within the University of Pittsburgh, Dr. Brinda Kalro developed expertise at managing complex patients with multiple medical problems in the areas of reproductive endocrinology and infertility, including young adolescent girls with gynecological problems. Given her training background, she also has vast experience in treating infertile patients with complex and unusual medical situations such as reproductive tract abnormalities, cancer, and unusual endocrine and chromosomal problems.
- As Faculty at an academic IVF Center that offered Third Party Reproduction (donor eggs, sperm and embryos, and surrogacy) and Fertility preservation options for cancer patients, her expertise includes these aspects of Reproductive Medicine as well.
- As a Reproductive Endocrinologist, apart from Fertility related issues, Dr. Brinda Kalro’s expertise also includes dealing with various Gynecologic endocrine disorders, Perimenopausal and Menopausal issues, and Bone health issues such as Osteopenia and Osteoporosis.
- She is currently a Visiting Senior Consultant in Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, at Apollo Fertility Center, Annanagar East, Chennai.
- Apart from her Medical practice as a Gynecologist and REI specialist, Dr. Brinda Kalro is an Integrative, Holistic, and Alternative Therapies practitioner since 2004. She is Board Certified in Medical acupuncture (UCLA, US), certified in Mind-Body Medicine (Harvard Medical School, US), a certified Medical Hypnotherapist (US and India), certified Transpersonal Regression Therapist (TASSO Institute, Netherlands), and Sound Healer (IASH, India), to name a few.
- All of these have enabled her to successfully integrate Conventional Allopathic Western Medicine and Alternative Eastern Therapies in her medical practice, especially to couples who experience infertility, with amazing results.
- Preventive Health is yet another area of Dr. Brinda Kalro’s interest. She has given many talks to educate women and increase their current level of awareness on women’s health issues across their entire lifespan all the way from adolescence through the menopause and into the postmenopausal years.
Additional Training in Alternative Therapies:
- Medical Acupuncture (UCLA, US)
- Mind-Body Medicine (Harvard Medical School, US)
- Counseling – Cognitive and Spiritual
- Medical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (US and India)
- Transpersonal Regression Therapy (TASSO Instituut, Netherlands)
- Ancestral, Intergenerational and Inherited Family Trauma Healing (US and Europe)
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Womb Healing (India)
- Sound Healing (IASH, India)
- Crystal Healing (US and India)
- Dream Interpretation (QLU, India)
- Reproductive Endocrinology (includes all Gynecologic endocrine issues – PCOS, Amenorrhea, Thyroid and Prolactin disorders, gonadal dysgenesis, DSDs, adrenogenital disorders including CAH, menopause and HT, metabolic bone disease including osteoporosis)
- Infertility (Ovulation induction, IUI, IVF/ICSI, PGD), Third Party Reproduction (Donor oocytes, donor sperm, surrogacy), and Fertility preservation.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (UK)]
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) – University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, USA