Dr. Anjana Annal
MBBS, MS, DNB OBGYN, MRCOG (UK), FMAS
|9 Years Experience||Fertility/Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Chennai-Karapakkam||Mon, Thur & Fri : 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM|
Dedicated, compassionate, and highly skilled, I am a proficient Gynecologist with expertise in laparoscopy surgery, infertility treatment, and delivering exceptional care to expectant mothers. With a solid educational background and extensive hands-on experience, I bring a wealth of knowledge and a commitment to excellence to every aspect of my practice.
- MBBS – Chengalpattu Medical College, MGR University, 2014
- MS OBGYN JIPMER – Pondicherry, 2017
- DNB OBGYN, MRCOG (UK), FMAS – Fellowship in Advanced Gynec Laparoscopy & Reproductive medicine
Treatment & Services Expertise:
Gynecology and Laparoscopy Surgery:
- Experienced in performing minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures for gynecological conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, and uterine abnormalities.
Skilled in hysteroscopy and other advanced diagnostic techniques for accurate evaluations and tailored treatment plans.
- Well-versed in evaluating and managing infertility cases, employing both non-invasive techniques and advanced reproductive technologies.
Expertise in fertility assessments, ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), and in-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures.
Proficient in counseling patients, providing emotional support, and guiding them through the complex journey of fertility treatment.
Deliveries and Maternal Care:
- Comprehensive knowledge of antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care, ensuring the well-being of both mother and baby throughout pregnancy and childbirth.
Skilled in managing high-risk pregnancies, complications, and obstetric emergencies with a focus on delivering safe and positive outcomes.
Extensive experience in conducting both vaginal and cesarean deliveries, adhering to the highest standards of patient safety and comfort.
- Completed Post graduation from prestigious Institute JIPMER, Pondicherry ranking second best medical college in India
- Member of FOGSI ( Federation of Obstetrics and gynaecology), Member of KOGS ( Kanchipuram Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society) , Member of IAGE ( Member of Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists )
Professional area of Interest
- Lparoscopic gynecological surgery, Infertility and Maternal care
- 2008 M.B.B.S. Chengalpattu Medical College, Tamil Nadu
- 2016 MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynaecology), Part I
- 2015-2017 M.S. (Obstetrics and Gynaecology),Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, India.
- 2020 MRCOG Part 2
- 2020 D.N.B (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- 2021 MRCOG Part 3, FMAS, 0ne year advance Laparoscopiy and reproductive medicine fellowship at P.G Paul’s Hospital, Kochi
Research & Publications
- 2015- 2017 Thesis: “Sentinel lymph node biopsy in carcinoma endometrium” Principal Investigator, JIPMER, Puducherry
- 2020 Intraperitoneal Subdiaphragmatic Ropivacaine Instillation for Prevention of Shoulder Tip Pain After Laparoscopic Surgery in High-Risk Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pauls Hopsital, Kochi
- 2021 Reproductive Outcomes after Laparoscopic Myomectomy: Conventional versus Barbed Suture, Pauls Hospital, Kochi
- 2018 Presented the Paper on “Sentinel lymph node biopsy in carcinoma endometrium” at The Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) meet, Puducherry.
- 2019 Presented the Paper on “Diagnostic accuracy of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in carcinoma endometrium” in International conference on peritoneal surface malignancy by ESSO-ESPSO,ISPSM & AGOI at TATA Memorial Hospital,Mumbai – Awarded as top 5 paper presentation.
- 2020 Presented the paper on “ Role of sentinel lymph node biopsy in Ca Endometrium:an Exploratory study” in POGS International conference
- 2016 Presented the Poster on “Perimenopausal fibroid: Is surgery the only option?” in the conference held by Menopausal Society of India,Chennai.
- 2017 Presented the poster on “Sentinel lymph node biopsy in carcinoma endometrium” at the Research day, JIPMER, Puducherry.
- 2019 Presented the poster entitled “Broad ligament pregnancy with previous caesarean section in All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (AICOG), Bangalore.
- 2020 Presented the poster entitled “Krukenberg in a 16-year-old: Rare but Possible” at POGS International conference, Pune.
- 2021 Presented Poster entitled “A challenging case of fertility preservation in metastatic struma ovarii in a 29 year old with successful delivery” at AICC RCOG 2021 virtual conference.
1. Anjana A, Shameema AS. Krukenberg Tumour in Adolescents: Rare but Possible. J Obstet Gynecol India (2021)
2. Anjana A, Haritha S. Symptomatic Fibroids In A Perimenopausal Woman With Previous Two Caesarean Sections And Incisional Hernia Repair. Can Surgery Be Avoided. Indian J Obstet Gynecol Re (2020)
3. Anjana A, Shameema AS, Stary T. Snake bite of a surrogate woman: A social dilemma.
Indian J Obstet Gynecol Re (2020)
4. Anjana A, Zareena AK, Swati F. The treatment approach of a 12 kg giant ovarian mucinous cystadenoma in a 13-year-old: a case report. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology (2021)
5. Anjana A, Murali S. Broad ligament pregnancy through a caesarean scar: A diagnostic challenge. International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews. (2019)
6. Nithya R,Anjana A. Sirenomelia (mermaid baby).International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology (2022)
7. Paul P.G, Sumeetkaur M, Anjana A, Anusha C, George P, Manali S. Reproductive Outcomes after Laparoscopic Myomectomy: Conventional versus Barbed Suture. The Journal Of Minimal Invasive Gynecology. (2021)
8. Paul P.G, Anjana A, Anusha C, Manali S, George P, Madhumathi D. A rare case of primary fallopian tube carcinoma in a woman with post menopausal bleeding. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology (2021)
9. Paul P.G, Anjana A, Anusha C, George P. A retroperitoneal cyst masquerading as a para-ovarian cyat in a postmenopausal woman. Gynaecol Minim Invasive Ther. (2021)
10. Paul.P.G, Sanghamitra T, Anjana A, George P, Anusha C. Incidental diagnosis of granulosa cell tumour in a 25-year-old woman. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology (2021)
11. Paul P.G, Anjana A, Anusha C, George P, Manali S. A case benign struma ovarii. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology (2021)
12. P.G. Paul, Tasneem Saherwala, Santwan Mehta, Poulami Barma, Sanghamitra Thakur, George Paul, and Anjana Annal. Intraperitoneal Subdiaphragmatic Ropivacaine Instillation for Prevention of Shoulder Tip Pain After Laparoscopic Surgery in High-Risk Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery (2020)
13. P.G. Paul, Poulami Barma, Sanghamitra Thakur, Anjana Annal. A rare case of retroperitoneal schwannoma mimicking a broad ligament myoma – video article. SurgeryU. ( AAGL – Elevating gynecologic surgery ) (2020)
14. P.G. Paul, Sanghamitra Thakur, Anjana Annal, Anusha Kilaru. A 9-year life history of recurrent iatrogenic parasitic myomas – video article. SurgeryU. ( AAGL – Elevating gynecologic surgery ) (2021)
Trainings and conferences
- 2018 Basics in USG imaging in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, JIPMER
- 2018 Operative laparoscopy, JIPMER
- 2017 Basic Gynaecological Endoscopy Skill Certification Course and Workshop
- 2017 Fertility Preservation JIPMER
- 2015 Complete Perineal Tear repair, Johnson &; Johnson ETHICON, Chennai
- 2015 Semen Preparation techniques for IUI and ART JIPMER
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Anjana Annal practices at Apollo Fertility Hospital, Chennai-Karapakkam
You can take Dr. Anjana Annal appointment by calling 1-860-500-4424 or by visiting website or walk-in to hospital.
Patients visit Dr. Anjana Annal for Fertility/Obstetrics and Gynaecology & more...