What is endocrine assessment?
The endocrine system is responsible for the production and secretion of several hormones. An imbalance in the production or secretion of these hormones may indicate endocrine disorders such as diabetes, infertility, etc. An endocrinologist is a doctor who performs an endocrine assessment:
- To determine a patient's body's levels of several hormones.
- To make sure the endocrine glands are functioning properly.
- To determine what is causing an endocrinological issue
- To verify a prior diagnosis
When to see a doctor?
Addressing the following signs and symptoms gives birth to the need to seek medical attention:
- Vision changes.
- Excessive thirst and hunger
- Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent urination
- Gaining or losing weight without trying
- Depression or anxiety
- Excessive hair growth
- Alterations to the menstrual period
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling cold
- Heat flushes
The team of skilled endocrinologists at the Apollo fertility centre in Banjara Hills offers continuing assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plans for endocrine disorders. Book an appointment at the Apollo fertility centre in Banjara Hills.
Preparing for the test
Preparing in advance for the assessment is crucial as it ensures that the assessment is carried out properly. The things to prepare include the following
- Carry a copy of every medical record with you, especially laboratory results for diabetes or other health information on the kidneys, the brain, hands, and feet.
- Make a list of all your symptoms so that the doctor can determine whether there are any endocrine system issues.
- Record your blood sugar levels.
- Make a note of all the medications you take, along with their dosages and schedules.
- Your doctor may inquire about your family history, make sure you jot down all the records.
- Consider taking along a family member or friend as it is much easier to understand and mesmerize the conversation of the doctor about your condition.
- List every recent vaccination you've received.
- Note down every query or worry you would like to talk about with your doctor on the day of the assessment.
- Inform your doctor of any recent events that might have contributed to your stress or depression, as blood sugar levels are frequently impacted by high-stress levels.
What to expect from the test?
On your visit to an endocrinologist, you may expect the following:
- Weight and height measurements
- Pulse and blood sugar levels measurement.
- Evaluation of hands and feet for skin infections and the teeth for oral infections.
- Checking the breathing and heartbeat.
- Inquiries about the patient's eating habits, medical background, and present symptoms.
- Questions about your regular blood sugar ranges or the diabetic drugs you take.
- Tests on blood and urine to look for hormone levels.
- Imaging tests may also be performed to identify tumours or other abnormalities that may be harming your endocrine glands.
- A complete examination.
Possible results of the test
Once the assessment is done, the possible results of the test may include
- Decreased hormone secretion and production.
- Altered biological activity and hormone metabolism.
- Reduced reactivity of target tissues to hormones.
- Circadian rhythms alterations (changes in the body, mind, and behaviour that occur on a 24-hour cycle.)
Moreover, the assessment detects the following endocrine disorders:
- Diabetes—Type 1, 2, and Gestational
- Recognition and Management of Hypoglycemia
- Obesity management
- Bone Health and Osteoporosis
- Growth disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Cushing's syndrome
- Celiac disease
- Addison's disease
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Thyroid disorders, including thyroid during pregnancy
- Lipid disorders
- Reproductive disorders
Risk factors associated with the test
Endocrine assessment is a completely safe and useful test performed by trained and certified endocrinologists. The endocrinologist examines the abnormalities of the endocrine gland that could be causing endocrine disorders or infertility through blood and urine tests. To get the best assistance for endocrine assessment, visit the Apollo fertility centre in Banjara Hills.
An imbalance in hormones produced in the endocrine system is a major reason behind endocrine disorders, especially infertility. Endocrine assessment is a completely safe and useful test for assessing endocrine disorders. Fatigue, weakness, nausea, and unexplained weight gain or loss are the most common symptoms that may indicate the existence of endocrine disorders. Visit a doctor at the earliest if you experience any of the symptoms.
Request an appointment at
Apollo Fertility Center, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Call 1860 500 4424 to book an appointment.
Diabetes is the most common endocrine disorder.
The most common signs or symptoms that may indicate endocrine disorders are • frequent thirst or hunger, • fatigue, • frequent urination, • nausea or vomiting, • vision changes, • weight gain or loss without trying.
The following ways may help in preventing endocrine disorders: • Wash your hands frequently. • Try to use glass or stainless steel for storing food instead of plastic. • Choose less processed and packed food. • Use fewer fragrant products to avoid chemicals. • Peel and wash the vegetables and fruits properly.
Stress, infection, and modification in the blood's fluid and electrolyte balance influence hormone levels and cause endocrine disorders.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common female endocrine disorder affecting the reproductive health of a female.