Many parents desperately want to become parents and want to have a child of their own, however, because of infertility and other issues, they are suffering and not able to conceive. Procreation is a beautiful and rightful thing for every person and when it stops for someone, it changes their life completely. Hence, if you are someone who is struggling with infertility or not able to conceive due to any unforeseen reasons, there is a light of hope with the donor program which is a third-party reproduction.
Donor programs consist of sperm donation, egg donation, and embryo donation. For every patient, the donor program varies based on their health condition, infertility reasons, etc. accordingly the best option is advised to the patient. Donor programs are feasible for couples, single mothers as well as same-sex couples.
If you are not sure where to find a suitable donor for you, reach out.
Different types of the donor program
Sperm Donation- clinics and donor banks collect semen samples from fertile men to use for artificial fertilisation for an infertile man, a single mother of a couple of the same sex.
Egg donation: When a woman is not able to conceive, technology advances through In Vitro Fertilisation the donated egg of a fertile woman is fertilised in a laboratory with the sperm of the recipient couple’s male partner.
Embryo donation: During In Vitro fertilisation, a few couples create more embryos, and those extra embryos are frozen and stored and donated to someone else as per the donor’s permission.
Who qualifies for the donor program?
Individuals between the ages of 18-45 may be eligible for the donor program. However, a range of screening is conducted which must be cleared.
- The egg donor mustn't have a history of miscarriage
- Sperm, egg, and embryo must be healthy
- Clinics and sperm banks conduct complete health checkups of the donors, they check their genetic history, medical condition, STD, chromosomal abnormalities, etc
Why donor program is conducted?
- The donor program is a ray of hope for couples who are struggling to have their babies
- Women suffering from ovary failure can use the donated egg and may conceive.
Benefits of the donor program
Donor program helps in the following ways,
- If you are someone who has a lesser number of egg reserves
- If you are struggling with poor-quality egg
- Women at menopause but want to conceive
- Females with no ovulation
- Males with poor sperm count
The donor program is a miracle for those couples who are not able to pregnant even after continuously having unprotected sex for a year or more. It is beneficial for couples of same-sex, single mothers, etc
Risks and complications
Below are a few risks and complications involved with donor programs
- Mild bruises and swelling at the injected place
- Nausea, vomiting
- Tendering breast
- Pelvic infections
- OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome)
- Injuries near ovary
Donor programs do not always succeed also sometimes the child born through artificial fertilisation seems to be abnormal.
Donor program process
- The recipient's uterus is prepared with several medicines and injection
- Post that the woman's egg is fertilised in a lab using the donor's sperm
- Created embryos are implanted in the mother’s uterus
- The couple is asked to conduct a pregnancy test after 15 days
Couples who struggle with infertility experience both visible and subtle losses. The thought of not becoming a parent is just heartbreaking. Yes, you can surely adopt children but if you are someone who wants to have a baby, it is the only chance for that. Apollo Fertility offers the best IVF and IUI treatment with the help of a donation program with strict guidelines and protection. Contact or visit Apollo Fertility, Navi Mumbai, today and get detailed information about various donor programs, benefits, success rates, and other important factors that can help you become a parent with your baby.
No, infertility is an issue in both males and females.
Yes, genetic disorders can be detected in an embryo through preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
Yes, the donor program is anonymous.
Yes, fertilised eggs can be fertilised with donated sperm.