Dr. Brinda Narain Kalro
MBBS, MRCOG, FRCOG, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
|30 Years Experience||Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Chennai-Anna Nagar||Mon - Sat : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM|
- MBBS – Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, 1987
- MRCOG – Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, 1994
- FRCOG – Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, 2007
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility – University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, USA, 2001
Treatment & Services Expertise
- Reproductive Endocrinology (includes all Gynecologic endocrine issues in women from Puberty to Post-menopause) – PCOS, Menstrual problems (irregular periods), Thyroid and Prolactin disorders, Gonadal Dysgenesis, DSDs, Adrenogenital disorders including CAH, non-surgical management of Endometriosis and Fibroids, Menopause and HT, Metabolic Bone disease including Osteopenia and Osteoporosis)
- Fertility – Ovulation induction, IUI, IVF, ICSI, PGD, Sexual Dysfunction, Male Factor, Third Party Reproduction (Donor oocytes, donor sperm, surrogacy), and Fertility preservation.
- Certificate of Honor in Anatomy, 1984
- Recipient of Metabolic Bone Diseases Preceptorship at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York Awarded by the Endocrine Fellows Foundation June 2000
- Unrestricted License Pennsylvania, USA.
- Physician Acupuncturist Pennsylvania, USA.
- Clinical Densitometry, USA
- Medical Acupuncture, USA
- Mind Body Medicine, Harvard, USA.
- Medical Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy, USA.
- Sound Healing IASH, India.
- Transpersonal Regression Therapy, TASSO International, Netherlands.
- Family Constellation therapy, Hellinger Institute, Canada and India.
- Transgenerational and Inherited Family Trauma Healing, USA.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- The Endocrine Society
- The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, London, U.K.
- Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction.
Professional area of Interest
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI)
- Medical Acupuncture
- Counselling – Healthy Lifestyle Modifications, Cognitive (Psycho-emotional) and Spiritual
- Medical Hypnosis
- Transpersonal Regression Therapy
- Family Constellation Therapy
- Sound Healing
- April 2001 – June 2009- Assistant Professor in
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility(Departments of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences) University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Magee-Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA.
- March 2003 – June 2009- Member, Advisory Committee in Magee-Womens Hospital Satellite
Clinical Research Center, Magee-Womens Hospital, 300 Halket Street, Pittsburgh, PA.
- August 2009 – Sept 2013 Consultant in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Four Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai.
- Nov 2013 – Nov 2015 Senior Consultant in
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
CRAFT Fertility Center, Kilpauk, Chennai.
- July 2015 – 2017 Executive Member in Embryology Research Association of India (ERAI) Chennai, India.
- Nov 2015 – August 2017 Senior Consultant in
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Institute of Reproductive Medicine and Women’s Health, Madras Medical Mission, Mogappair, Chennai.
- Sep 2017 to Present – Senior Consultant Gynecology, Reproduction Endocrinology and Infertility in Apollo Fertility, Chennai, Vihaa Multispeciality Hospital, Anna Nagar, Chennai and Rathi Med Speciality Hospital, Anna Nagar, Chennai.
- Holistic and Alternative Therapy Practice in Shalome, Anna Nagar, Chennai. (Medical Acupuncture, Mind-Body Medicine., Holistic and Spiritual Counseling Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, Sound Healing, Transpersonal regression therapy, Inner child Healing, Family Constellation Therapy, Transgenerational and Inherited Family Trauma Healing).
Research & Publications
- Kalro, BN, Owen, P. A questionnaire-based survey of induction practice in North East Scotland. Obstetrics and Gynaecology Today. 1995; 6(4): 69-71.
- Harrold AJ, Kalro BN, Gupta JK. Cervical pregnancy – problems of diagnosis. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 1994; 14:447-450.
- Kalro B, Davison R, Owen P. Low incidence of asymptomatic deep venous thrombosis following Cesarean section; a colour doppler study. Health Bulletin 1999;57(6):418-421.
- Moses EL, Drevets WC, Smith C, Mathias CA, Kalro BN, Butters MA, Leondires MP,Greer PJ, Lopresti B, Loucks TL, Berga SL. Effects of estradiol and progesterone administration on human serotonin 2A receptor binding: A PET study. Biol Psychiatry 2000;48:854-860.
- Balk JL, Kalro BN, Roberts JM. Electroacupuncture in infertile patients receiving in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Medical Acupuncture 2003;14:12-14.
- Kalro BN. An overview of infertility in the female. Female Patient 2005;30(1):16-23.
- Kalro BN. DHEA Therapy – Hope or Hype? Alternative Therapies in Women’s Health. September 2007;9:65-70. (CME Article).
- Vitamin D and Skeletal Health. Alternative Therapies in Women’s Health. April 2009;11:25-29. (CME Article).
- REI consultant on a Committee compiling guidelines for the comprehensive care of individuals with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia – CARES Foundation, USA.
Additional Training in Medicine:-
- Preceptorship in Metabolic Bone Disease and Osteoporosis – Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, New York – sponsored by the Endocrine Society, USA.
- Certified with the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD, US).
Additional Training in Alternative Therapies:-
- Medical Acupuncture (UCLA, Board Certified, US) – 2004.
- Mind-Body Medicine (Harvard Medical School, US) – 2007.
- Counselling – Healthy Lifestyle Modifications, Cognitive (Psycho-emotional) and Spiritual.
- Medical Hypnosis (ASCH, US) and Hypnotherapy (HSI and EKAA, India)-
- Transpersonal Regression Therapy (TASSO Instituut, Netherlands)
- Ancestral, Intergenerational and Inherited Trauma Healing (US and Europe)
- Family Constellation Therapy (Hellinger Institute, Canada and India)
- Sound Healing (IASH, India)
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Brinda Narain Kalro practices at Apollo Fertility Hospital, Chennai-Anna Nagar
You can take Dr. Brinda Narain Kalro appointment by calling 1-860-500-4424 or by visiting website or walk-in to hospital.
Patients visit Dr. Brinda Narain Kalro for Obstetrics and Gynaecology & more...