Dr. Vilvapathy S Karthikeyan
MS (GENERAL SURGERY), MCH (URO), MRCS
|14 Years Experience||Urologist|
|Chennai-Anna Nagar||Tue & Thur : 05:00 3M to 7:30 PM|
I Finished My MBBS And MS(Surgery) In Jipmer, Pondicherry, in 2006 And 2011. And Then Pursued Further Studies Mch in the Institute of Nephro Urology, Bangalore-2016, a Fellowship in Andrology at Diyos Men’s Health Center, Newdelhi – 2018, and Mrcs In Edinburgh – 2019. I Hold Gold Medals in Subjects Like Pathology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Community Medicine, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and General surgery. I Have Got The Best Paper Award And Dr Db Bisht Endowment Prize For Paper Presentation, 2010-2011 At Jipmer Scientific Society. I Have Presented Research at Various National and International Conferences. I Hold The Membership In the Global Varicocele Research Group, Cleveland (USA), Global Andrology Forum, Ima Standing Committee On Men’s Health, USA Collaborative Research Panel, Usi Ed Guidelines Panel, Editorial Committee, Indian Journal Of Urology. Well Versed in Male Fertility Procedures and Urology Procedures.
- MS (General Surgery) – Jipmer, Puducherry, 2011
- MCH (Uro)Institute of Nephro Urology, Bangaluru, 2016
- MRCS – Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh 2019
- Fellowship In Andrologydiyos Men’s Health Centre, New Delhi2018
Treatment & Services Expertise
- Male Fertility Procedures
- Urology Procedures
Awards and Recognitions
Gold Medals And Honors:
- Dr Vijay Kumar Moorthy Endowment Prize in The Subject of Pathology (2004).
- Smt.Nishamani Parija Endowment Prize for Securing Highest Mark in The University
- Examination in The Subject of Surgery (2005).
- Certificates of Honor in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Community Medicine, and General Surgery.
- Certificate of Merit in Medicine.
- Secured Frist Marks in Pharmacology, Pathology, Community Medicine, and General Surgery in the University Examinations.
Best Paper Awards:
- Best Paper Award for The Year 2010-2011, At Jipmer Scientific Society.
- Dr. Db Bisht Endowment Prize for Best Paper Presentation for The Year 2010-2011 At Jipmer Scientific Society.
- Member Of Global Varicocele Research Group, Cleveland Clinic, USA
- Member Of Global Andrology Forum
- Member of Ima Standing Committee on Men’s Health
- Member of USA Collaborative Research Panel
- Member of Usi Ed Guidelines Panel
- Member, Editorial Committee, Indian Journal of Urology
Professional area of Interest
- Microsurgical Andrology and Urology
- Jipmer, Pondicherry as Fellow (2005-2006).
- Jipmer, Pondicherry as Senior Resident in Urology (2011-2012).
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Institute, Pondicherry as Assistant Professor in General Surgery (2012-2013).
- Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre, Vellore as a Consultant in the Department of Urology (2016-2022).
- Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre, Vellore as Consultant in Microsurgical Andrologist and Lead for Andrology and Men’s Health (2018-2022).
1. Factors Affecting Progression Of Ct1 Renal Tumors To Pt3a.
2. Outcomes of Delay In Radical Prostatectomy In Active Surveillance Eligible Low-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer.
3. Efficacy Of Preprocedural Diclofenac In Males Undergoing Double J Stent Removal Under Local Anaesthesia – A Double-Blind Randomized Control Trail.
4. Emphysematous Pyelonephritis – An Institutional Experience.
5. Anatrophic Nephrolithotomy In Management Of Large Staghorn Calculi.
6. Genitourinary Fistulae – A Retrospective Series.
7. Safety And Efficacy Of Bilateral Superficial Cervical Plexus Block In Thyroidectomy – A Double-Blind Randomizes Controlled Trial.
8. Adult Ischemic Strokes: Clinical Subtypes And Risk Factors: An Outpatient Stroke Registry In A Neurology Clinic.
9. A Community-Based Epidemiological Study Of Incidence And Prevalence Of Strikes In Pondicherry Town – Burden Of Stroke In Different Populations.
10. Leptospirosis In Agricultural And Sewage Workers In Pondicherry – A Community-Based Study.
1. Decolonisation Of Mrsa And Its Effect On Surgical Site Infections – A Study In A Teryiarcy Care Institute. Int J Clin Pract 2015;69(3):366-374. Author Sajith Sp, Sistla S, Karthikeyan Vs, Mahalakshmi T. Ali Sm, Vijayaraghavan N.
2. Self-Inflicted Foreign Bodies In Lower Genitourinary Tract In Males: Our Experience And Review Of Literature.Urol Ann 2016;8(3):338-342. Author-Nagabhushana M, Karthikeyan Vs, Kochhar G, Dharwadkar S, Kumar S.
3. Evaluation Of Croes Nephrolithometry Nomogram As A Preoperative Predictive System For Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Outcomes. J Endourol 2016;30(10):1079-1083. Author-Kumar S, Srinivas J, Karthikeyan Vs, Mallya A, Keshavamurthy R.
4. Laparoendoscopic Single Site Surgery For Extravesical Repair Of Vesicovaginal Fistula Using Conventional Instruments: Our Initial Experience. Urol Ann 2016;(3): 305-311. Author-Nagabhushana M, Karthikeyan Vs, Mallya A, Dharwadkar S, Gudage S
5. Safety And Efficacy Of Tamsulosin, Alfuzosin, And Silodosin As Monotherapy In Medical Management Of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Due To Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – A Double-Blind Randomized Trial.Cent European J Urol 2017;70(2):148-153. Author- Manohar Cs, Nagabhushana M, Karthikeyan Vs, Sanjay Rp, Kamath Aj, Keshavamurthy R
6. Market Forces In Urological Practice. Indian Journal Of Urology. 2017;33(4):264-266.Author-Kartikeyan Vs.
7. Postoperative Analgesia Following Elective Abdominal Surgery: A Prospective Observational Study. Int Surg J 2017;4(8).Author-Balasubramanian G, Vijayakumar C, Sistla Sc, Badhe As, Karthikeyan Vs, Rajkumar N, Singh Ss.
8. Uwin Score For Assessment Of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms: Could It Replace The Auasi Score? – An Open Lable Randomized Cross Over Trial. Low Urin Tract Symptoms 2018;10(2):131-134. Author- Mallya A, Keshavamurthy R, Karthikeyan Vs, Nagabhushana M, Kamath Aj.
9. Clinical Profile Of Patients With Renal Trauma: A Cross-Sectional Observational Study. Urol Sci 2020;31:131-135. Author- Narendra Jb, Ratkal Cs, Keshavamurthy R, Karthikeyan Vs.
10. Covid – 19 Pandemic Impact On Urology Residencies In Asia – An Observational Study. Sur Prat 2021;25:10-15.Author-Ngoo Ks, Fadzli A, Amponin Mocse, Cho Sy, Chuang Y, Horiguchi A, Karthikeyan Vs.
Training and conferences
- Szusicon 2021- Association of Southern Urologists
- Mhsi Men’s Health Program 2021
- Ima-Mhsi Men’s Health Day Program 2021
- Sassmm Launch of Avanafil International Webinar 2021
- Urological Association Of Kerala Webinar On Male Infertility 2021
- Usicon 2021 – Usi-Mhsi Session On Men’s Health 2021
- Use Webinar – Urological Society Of India 2020
- Usicon 2020 Kochi 2020
- Uaa 2019 Kuala Lumpur
- Szusicon 2019 Coimbatore
- Aug 2016 San Diego
- Usicon 2016 Hyderabad
- Kuacon 2015 Hubli
- Szusicon 2015 Vishakapatnam
- Usicon 2015 Ranchi
- Kuacon 2014 Bangalore
- Szusicon 2014 Kochi
- Iaescon2010 – 11th Annual Conference Of The Indian Association Of Endocrine Surgeons
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Vilvapathy S Karthikeyan practices at Apollo Fertility Hospital, Chennai-Anna Nagar
You can take Dr. Vilvapathy S Karthikeyan appointment by calling 1-860-500-4424 or by visiting website or walk-in to hospital.
Patients visit Dr. Vilvapathy S Karthikeyan for Urologist & more...