Many couples struggle with infertility. However, with the development of medical technology, hopeful couples can have children with In-vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
What is IVF?
The IVF treatment, popularly referred to as the test tube baby method, is an assisted reproductive technology that involves the laboratory fusion of an egg and a sperm and the transfer of the fertilized egg (embryo) into the uterus in order to increase the likelihood of pregnancy.
Why do people choose IVF treatment?
● Everyone can have a child thanks to IVF, as it is an effective way to raise your chances of getting pregnant.
● Does your body have a timer? No longer a problem! Thanks to IVF, you can start a family whenever you’re ready.
● IVF treatment was also the first form of assisted reproduction that addressed and offered treatments for problems with male infertility.
● Encourages healthier pregnancy because it helps identify an embryo’s chromosomal abnormalities before implantation in the uterus.
IVF treatment cost in India
The average IVF treatment cost in India is between Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 4,00000, which covers all diagnostic procedures, laboratory work, and drugs required for successful IVF treatment. India is the most preferred location for IVF because it is relatively more affordable than other western countries.
IVF is a time-consuming and expensive process. The IVF treatment cost varies depending on specific patient needs and requirements, such as age, fertility problems, and medical history. So, while some couples may only need one cycle of IVF, others may require multiple cycles in order to achieve a successful outcome.
IVF treatment costs differ from hospital to hospital as well. It primarily depends on the class of equipment and technique hospitals employ to perform the procedure.
One of India’s leading clinics, Apollo Fertility centres, have skilled doctors and embryologists and use the best technology and infrastructure to give the most efficient and successful IVF treatments.
Factors Affecting IVF Treatment Cost in India
The following are some factors that influence the cost of test tube babies in India:
● Number of IVF cycles required
● Donor eggs or sperm cost
● The cost of freezing and thawing the embryos, if used
● Tests and scans involved in IVF treatment
● The expense of female fertility treatments and getting the uterus ready for pregnancy
● ICSI treatment cost, if necessary