Sperm count refers to the total number of sperms present in a sample of semen. The quality of semen and the quantity in which semen is produced is considered as an important factor to determine the fertility of a man. Making some nutritional changes can be a great way to boost your sperm count. Low sperm count can be caused by a various number of reasons like regular smoking, excessive drinking, unhealthy fat intake, vitamin deficiency, stress, etc. However, sleeping and eating healthy are one of the most important thing to do to increase your sperm count.
There are some foods which are known to stimulate the body’s certain hormones responsible for the production of sperm, and hence, these foods and diet tips increase the sperm count significantly. Some of them are listed below :-
Foods and Diet Tips Increase the Sperm Count
1) Fruits like bananas, have been found to increase male libido and stimulate sex hormones because of an enzyme known as bromelain. Other fruits like lemon, etc, are also known to contain Vitamin A, C, etc, which increases the quality and quantity of the sperm as well as increases the sperm motility.
2) Vegetables like tomato, sweet potatoes, broccoli, apricots, spinach, etc, are very good for making you more fertile because of all the nutrients they carry. These vegetables make your sperm very motile because they carry Vitamin A.
3) Crab, salmon, chicken, walnut, pumpkin seeds, some fishes, etc, are very important sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids boost blood flow to your genitals and increase the production of your sperm.
4) Oysters, pumpkin seeds, turkey and lobsters are great sources of zinc and help immensely in sperm production.
5) A couple of squares of dark chocolate a day is plenty to boost the quality of your sperm because dark chocolate is not only known for containing an amino acid which is really good for sperm health, but also, it is rich in antioxidants, just like berries and pomegranates. Antioxidants are known to lower the chances of infertility to a great extent.
6) Asparagus and ginseng are also great for protecting the sperms from free radicals, and increasing the levels of testosterone and blood flow to the genitals, respectively.
Read more: Checking Sperm Count at Home
Last but not the least, it’s important to remember to exercise regularly, and avoid saturated fats and processed foods as much as you can, to increase your fertility. Staying physically and mentally healthy goes a long way.
Apollo Fertility Services & Treatments
|ICSI Treatment||IUI Treatment|
|IVF Treatment||HSG Treatment|
|Oocyte Vitrification Treatment||Laser Assisted Hatching Treatment|
|Reproductive Surgery Treatment||Cryopreservation Treatment|
Apollo Fertility Centres