If you have been trying for a baby and it has been long, it is always wise to pay the doctor a visit. At Apollo Fertility, you can undergo a few fertility tests and know the cause of the delay in pregnancy. If there is a problem, we will also help you with the solution, so that, you can too experience the beauty of motherhood.
According to the experts, if a woman under 35 is having regular sex with her partner without using any birth control for about a year and 6 months for women above 35, and still not getting pregnant, then it is time to consult a qualified doctor.
It is important that you get tested along with your partner. When you visit the doctor, he might ask you about;
• Your lifestyle
• Medical history
• Your general health
• Previous surgeries of both you and your partner
• Your ongoing medications
• Whether you smoke, drink, do drugs, etc.
• If you come in contact with any hazardous chemicals or radiations at your work.
He might also ask a few questions about your sex life, such as;
How frequently you indulge in sex
• History of birth control use
• If you or your partner have ever suffered from STD’s or Sexually transmitted diseases
If you are having problems having sex
• Whether you are sexually active with more than one partner
To narrow down the problem, he will also inquire about your menstrual cycle, such as;
• How regular are your periods?
• If you have been pregnant before?
• If you have ever experienced irregular or missed periods
• If you have ever noticed spotting between your periods
• Changes in the blood flow or appearance of a clot
• If you have ever been treated by a doctor before for infertility
Fertility Tests for Women
There is no one single test that can confirm or tell you the cause of infertility. The doctor at Apollo Fertility Clinics will walk you through a series of tests to help determine the correct cause in order to treat the condition in the right way.
You might even have to get a pap smear. This test detects cervical cancer and any other problem related to the cervix, and if any STD’s. These diseases can delay pregnancy; hence, it is always better to rule them out in the beginning. You may have to go for ovulation tests, thyroid test, and even a urine test.
Tests for Reproductive Organs
To get pregnant, your uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries must work correctly. Therefore, your doctor might recommend any of the below tests;
• Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
Also known as ‘tubogram’, it is a bunch of x-rays that show the insides of your fallopian tube and uterus.
During this test, the doctor places an ultrasound device, which looks like a wand inside your vagina. With the help of sound waves, your doctor will be able to identify the problem.
Here, your doctor will place a thin and flexible tube attached to a camera to check the uterus.
Making a small incision in your abdomen, the doctor will insert tools including a small camera to check for diseases which may harm the uterus.