Unless a person is trying to have a child, signs of infertility may go unnoticed. However, there are some causes of infertility that are common among men. Before you seek IVF treatment in Bangalore for reproductive issues, it would help to pay attention to these causes. As for women, fertility tests for men are the best way to determine reproductive health and the need for any treatments. Here are some of the,
Most Common Causes of Male Infertility
- Infections: Sexually transmitted infections can affect reproductive health. If left unchecked, conditions such as HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, and hepatitis may affect fertility. In case of symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest and avoid further complications.
- Undescended Testicles: Cryptorchidism is a condition where one or both testicles fail to descend from the abdomen. It is more common amongst prematurely born male babies. It often corrects itself or needs medical intervention. If not corrected, it may result in fertility problems.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Regular hormone function is crucial for maintaining overall health. Hyper or hyposecretion of any hormone can lead to health problems. Many hormones affect reproductive health, either directly or indirectly.
- Testicular Temperature: The reproductive system, especially the testicular region in men, suffers from high temperatures. An increase in testicular temperature even by a couple of degrees can easily affect sperm production and quality. Tight clothes, use of laptops or other such devices that tend to heat up, long hours spent in hot working conditions are a few contributing factors.
- Injuries: Injuries to reproductive organs can result in long-term or permanent damage. Any damage to the testicular area needs immediate attention. Precautions should be taken when engaged in sports or other physical activities that increase the risk of injuries.
- Varicocele: This condition is also known as scrotum varicose veins. Enlarged veins of the scrotum could result from several factors, such as compression, or poorly functioning valves. It leads to a worsening of sperm quality as well as quantity, thus affecting fertility.
- Obesity: A BMI of 30 or more is considered obese in adults. The condition affects about 1 in 3 adults in countries like the USA. Obesity can lead to more health complications, one of them being reproductive health issues and infertility. In several cases, dealing with obesity can solve these issues.
- Steroids and Supplements: Using steroids, supplements or injections without consulting your doctor can have adverse long-term effects on your health. They could lead to infertility among men by affecting sperm production. It is best to consult a doctor before committing to such treatment courses.
- Nutrition: A balanced diet is important to maintain overall health at all stages of life. Reproductive health could be affected due to a lack of nutrition or an unhealthy diet. It could especially affect people with underlying fertility issues. It is best to avoid foods with unhealthy fats and consume foods rich in antioxidants.
- Cancer Treatments: Cancer treatments may lead to fertility issues across genders. If you are expecting to undergo radiation, chemotherapy, or a similar treatment method, consult your doctor about the possible effects on fertility. Before your cancer treatment, you could think about cryopreservation, which could later be used for IVF treatment in Bangalore, or wherever you are.
- Substance Addiction & Abuse: Smoking, alcohol, or the use of addictive substances can affect your fertility as well as your overall health. The damage, in some cases, could be permanent. If you are planning for a child, try to quit smoking and drinking.
Infertility in men could be a result of one or many such causes. If you and your partner have been trying to have a child for over a year now, it is advisable to consult the best fertility doctor and seek out the best IVF treatment in Bangalore. Fertility tests for men will determine the cause in most cases, but it is better to adopt a healthier lifestyle. However, it may also help to determine if you can reverse the damages to your health and try to become a healthier parent.
Apollo Fertility Services & Treatments
|IUI Treatment||ICSI Treatment|
|HSG Treatment||Endometrial Receptivity Array|
|Oocyte Vitrification||Ovulation Induction Treatment|
|Reproductive Surgery Treatment||PGS & PGD Screening|
Apollo Fertility Centres