Vitro fertilisation, or IVF, is one of the most popular assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatments for infertility issues. The treatment is now commonly accessible at the best IVF centres in India and has helped many couples achieve parenthood. That said, before you commit to a time-consuming and relatively invasive fertility treatment like IVF, it is better to know everything about it.
Some Pros & Cons Of IVF
Here are the pros and cons of IVF you should know before your treatment.
Pros of IVF
- IVF can address either partner’s fertility issue. Several male and female infertility issues that prevent natural pregnancy can be addressed with a treatment like IVF.
- IVF treatment can counter issues with a female’s fallopian tubes. Since the eggs are collected directly from the body in vitro fertilisation, fertility issues like fallopian tube blockages do not pose a problem.
- IVF procedures can also be beneficial in cases of low sperm count or unhealthy sperm. To increase the possibility of fertilisation, sperm is washed and cleaned from the collected sample and healthy sperm is chosen for the process.
- IVF may also help in preventing the transfer of any genetic birth defects to the offspring. Before being implanted in the uterus, embryos can be tested for the possibility of any birth defects.
- With the egg and the sperm being retrieved from the candidates for a fertilisation process conducted in a lab, people who aspire to be parents can easily choose donors or surrogates in cases where it is deemed necessary.
Cons of IVF
- The process is invasive and may take more than one cycle before a successful pregnancy is achieved. It could take a physical and mental toll on the participants, especially the female partner.
- Apart from the core process of IVF, there are steps such as ICSI that can be added. However, such additional steps may add to the cost of the entire process.
- After struggling with infertility and undergoing tests and treatments, patients hope for a healthy child. IVF treatments, however, cannot promise that as there is a possibility of multiple pregnancies. It is better to be prepared for such situations.
- A female candidate will be required to take medicines and hormones throughout the process. They could lead to some side effects such as headaches, rashes, nausea, and mood swings. The severity of these side effects differs from one patient to another.
IVF treatments can help you fulfil your parenthood dreams. But it is important to prepare yourself before you commit to any treatment course. Once you are ready, choose the best IVF centre in India with doctors you can trust and begin your journey.
Apollo Fertility Services & Treatments
|HSG Test||IUI Treatment|
|Endometriosis Treatment||PGS & PGD Screening|
|Oocyte Vitrification||Cryopreservation Treatment|
|Reproductive Surgery Treatment||Laser Assisted Hatching|
Apollo Fertility Centres