IVF Treatment What to expect?

Posted on
ivf-treatment-what-to-expect

At present, a majority of couples are resorting to ARTs or Artificial Reproductive Technologies for getting pregnant, in order to work something around the more persistent cases of infertility. While ARTs are increasingly getting adopted as the usual approaches for conception, it is IVF or In Vitro Fertilization that’s preferred to a greater extent, as […]

Tips to Help Improve IVF Success Rate

Posted on
tips-to-help-improve-ivf-success-rate

Let’s be honest— In Vitro Fertilization is certainly a stressful process that is extremely expensive and downright depressing at times, provided failures are encountered. For couples looking for reliable treatments to conceive, IVF actually provides a decent set of chances, with success rates somewhere in the ballpark of 33% to 55%. However, as In Vitro […]

Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)

Posted on

Assisted Reproductive Technology or ART refers to treatments used to assist people in achieving a pregnancy. It includes fertility treatments that handle both a man’s sperm and woman’s egg.  The types of assisted reproductive technology include the following given below:- 1) In vitro fertilization In vitro fertilization refers to the fusion of the egg and […]

40 years of In Vitro Fertilization

Posted on

It has been 40 years since the first baby was born using the IVF process. Back then it might have been strange for a couple who were unable to have a baby to put their trust in a petri dish. Since Louise Brown, who was born back in 1978 over 6 million babies have been conceived […]

What is the success rate of IVF procedures in India?

Posted on

IVF procedures are carried successfully throughout the year in India. All couples face their own difficulties in conceiving and IVF happens to be the solution for most of them. However, the concern for most of the couples remains that if investing time and money in this procedure would be fruitful. Most of the IVF treatments […]

Sonosalpingography- During and After the Procedure

Posted on

Today’s science has so evolved that it has a solution to each and every problem. From helping people in their daily chores to medical help, it has something for every field. Medicine is one such field wherein it has made its mark giving to the world n number of methods for testing and treatment. SONOSALPINOGOGRAPY […]

Preparation for Sonosalpingography

Posted on

It is not a hidden fact that most of the couples today are facing infertility issues. With the modern day science and technology, many tests have come forward which are being prescribed by the doctors to check the reason behind the conceiving issues. Sonosalpinography or SSG is one such procedure using which one checks the […]

Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis: Overview

Posted on

Also known as a preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), it is a test, which helps determine if the embryos are carrying any genetic defects. This is done before the implantation. PGD helps prevent several genetic disorders in the baby. The PGD testing is usually done on embryos created with the help of IVF. How is it […]

DNA FRAGMENTATION INDEX (DFI)

Posted on

Infertility is a common condition, and nearly one in every six couples seek medical help to combat infertility at some stage or the other in their reproductive lives. In many cases, the fertility linked issues can pertain to the male partner. One such fertility hampering condition is the fragmentation of the DNA molecules in the […]

Who needs IVF treatment?

Posted on

Infertility is the inability to conceive after a full year of regular intercourse. Fertile women who have fertile partners and are under the age 36 experience about 16-18% pregnancy rate per month and hold a chance of approximately 10-12% of having a baby from such pregnancy. In a year, around 70% will conceive. But more […]