The screening and tests are done to identify potential health disorders or diseases in patients who do not exhibit any symptoms of the same. The advantage of screening and testing is that it may find diseases at an early stage, hence providing a better chance of treatment of the disease. Screening and tests are for asymptomatic people which means those people who do not show any symptoms or exhibit disguised symptoms, whereas diagnostic tests are for those showing symptoms.
Risks factor associated with Screening and Tests
Each test has its risk factor. But below mentioned are a few common factors -
- Occurrence of infection
- You may get exposed to radiation.
- You may experience an allergy.
- You may experience spotting and bleeding.
- There are chances of you getting injury or scar.
Preparation for Screening and Tests
Each screening and test requires preparation from different aspects and requirements. It depends on the –
- Type of test
- Age and gender of the patient
- Time duration of the test
- Type and level of precaution required
- Extend of test complexity and complication that may arise from it
Below are some common pre-test preparation done before every screening and test –
- Patient Knowledge –It requires the fulfilment of the following checklist –
- What is your medical history?
- For how long are you experiencing the symptom or problem?
- What medication are you consuming?
- What are the other diseases you are suffering from?
- What kind of injury or operation you have gone under earlier in life?
- Have you ever had treatment for life-threatening diseases?
- Preparation for Screening and test – This involves the fulfilment of the following checklist –
- What time is favourable for the test?
- What medication and precautions you should take before the test?
- Before the test, the expert should counsel you about the procedure and objective of the test
- Conduction of test – The following test is conducted about fertility -
- Semen analysis
- Genetic testing
- Blood test
- Ultrasound of scrotum
- Urine analysis of a post-ejaculation sample
- Ovarian Reserve test
- Ultrasound of pelvic area
- Blood test
What is expected from Screening and Tests?
Each test has its expected outcome, but are a few common conductions of tests you may experience the following -
- You may experience a fever and feel pain.
- You might have a discharge along with a bad smell.
- You might have stomach pain and vomiting.
- You may experience cramps and feel weakness.
Possible results of Screening and Tests
The possible result of the test can either be positive or negative. The meaning of positive or negative is sometimes different for each test. If the test declares the existence of the problem then the next step of curing is taken.
Request an appointment at Apollo Fertility/Cradle Guwahati
Call 1860-500-4424 to book an appointment
The conduction of screening and tests is crucial for the identification of the problem and for ensuring of proper functioning of the body. It is helpful where no symptoms are shown.
No, it does not cure the ailment. It identifies the place and nature of the ailment.
Blood contains various hormones and minerals. This test checks their presence and level.
Some can be done at home and others are done in hospitals or diagnostic centres only.
Some are conducted in a few minutes and others are done in hours.
They are checked through analysis of semen.