Immunology is everything about studying the immune system that protects you from infection. If you do not have a strong immune system, you may have an allergy and other diseases. However, immunity is also related to pregnancy issues. So, immunological investigations are essential to identify factors resulting in pregnancy loss.
Know about immunological testing-
Your body’s immunity system detects and fights harmful things. Scientific research in this field has resulted in a better understanding of the causes of miscarriage or other pregnancy issues. Reproductive immunology is a special field where experts try to find the reasons behind losing pregnancy multiple times.
If your pregnancy failure is related to immunologic factors, you need immunotherapy. There are different types of immunotherapy for couples who have experienced miscarriages several times. Experts make a highly focused approach to understanding this condition and provide more effective treatment.
However, before providing treatment, they diagnose your pregnancy issues. Most commonly, chromosomal abnormalities are the major factor causing pregnancy losses. Your uterus may also have immunologic issues. After making a diagnosis accurately, fertility treatment providers will start your immunotherapy.
Who should consider reproductive immunological investigations?
Women who have experienced a miscarriage at least 3 times should take the immunological test in Guwahati. Besides, those who have repeated IVF failures or other pregnancy difficulties can rely on this test. The test is also effective if you have fetal growth issues.
You can do a rapid test to know whether your urine has the beta hCG pregnancy hormone.
However, there are other applications of immunological tests.
- Bowel cancer- The screening process identifies haemoglobin, a blood pigment, which indicates the presence of blood in your stool. Polyps and haemorrhoids also cause these symptoms in patients.
- Allergy test- It identifies antibodies and combat substances that cause allergy.
- Detect germs that cause an infection- Patients who have scarlet fever symptoms need to take the test to identify the presence of Streptococcus bacteria. The test is also suited for those who have Lyme disease. Pregnant women take the test to determine whether their immunity can fight against toxoplasmosis.
- Diagnose thrombosis: and heart disease- After experiencing a heart attack or thrombosis, your blood will have a particular type of protein. It is easily detectable with an immunological test.
- Know your blood group- To do a blood transfusion, the donor and receiver’s blood needs to have the same group. In this case, immunological tests check the blood group.
- Rapid tests to detect medications and drugs- Immunological test results help in identifying the presence of recreational drugs in blood.
- Urine test- If your urine has blood, sugar, or proteins, you may have a urinary tract infection.
Know about the endometrial immunology test-
The test lets you detect immune alterations, which affect the embryo implantation process. This condition also prevents normal pregnancy development. The endometrial immunity system plays a role in pregnancy progress and embryo nesting.
When you become pregnant, your immune system interacts with an embryo. The relationship may affect the implantation needed for pregnancy. Due to imbalance, you will have a risk of failed implantation and recurrent miscarriages.
The immunological test is done to know the potential functional issues with our endometrium. It also identifies the immune cells present in the endometrium (NK cells) and receptors (known as KIR). These cells have a bond to HLA-C molecules and lead to embryo rejection.
What happens during endometrial immunology tests?
As a patient, you have to prepare for an endometrial test. Your endometrial tissue also needs to undergo a biopsy. After obtaining the sample, it is delivered to a lab where experts will analyse your endometrial immune cells. They try to evaluate the readiness of the endometrium to accept the embryo. They also check whether there is improper implantation from immunological viewpoints.
Flow cytometry is a special technique used for the test. It enables professionals to identify the immune balance of patients. In some cases, immunotherapy is needed to maintain cellular balance.
Immunology testing of different types
Reproductive Immuno Phenotype
The test determines how many WBCs are present in your blood. These are the main cells in your immune system. A higher WBC count indicates a stronger response against the implanted embryo.
It is another test to determine various issues, immunological disorders, and lupus. Antibodies may cause uterus inflammation. Those who have several antibodies may not get pregnant.
High AOA can be found when your infertility happens due to unknown or unexplained causes. Women with high AOA levels do not respond well to ovarian stimulation.
You can contact Apollo Fertility in Guwahati if you need immunological investigations for pregnancy issues. You can call 1860 500 4424 to get in touch with the team of this fertility centre. It offers other fertility treatments like ICSI, IVF, and oocyte vitrification.
If your age is below 35 and you have experienced IVF failures, you can contact this expert. Those who have at least 3 miscarriages need an immunology test.
You can undergo endometrial immunological investigation for ovodonation, IVF treatments, and embryo donation.
Your immune system plays a role during embryo implantation. So, you may not get pregnant if there is any problem with your immunity.